La Selva del Camp
Shire: Baix Camp
Altitude: 246 m
La Selva del Camp is located in the heart of Tarragona, a privileged area for its tourist resources, apart from its cultural tourism values, artistic heritage, natural environment, folklore or gastronomy, is a town of services.
La Selva del Camp extends from the plain to the first spurs of the Sierra de la Mussara. A third are low-lying but hilly terrain. The highest point of the term is the mount out of bed, 717 m, and the main stream is the stream of Selva, a tributary of the Francolí.
The municipality is formed by La Selva del Camp, which is the main focus, and the villages of Paretdelgada and Sant Pere The term is well connected. A branch linking the city with the highway C-14 Reus to Montblanc also other secondary that communicates the municipality with populations Almoster, L'Albiol, Morell, Vilallonga del Camp, Constantine, Alcover and Vilaplana. Railroad stops Reus to Montblanc and Lleida.
Located a few kilometers from Tarragona, Heritage (Roman Tarraco) of Reus, artistic and commercial center; Route of Cistercian monasteries (Poblet, Santes Creus and Vallbona de les Monges); the beaches and entertainment center of Pineda and Salou (Universal Port Aventura), the Cambrils fishmonger and gourmet; of Valls, the city of castles and spring onions; Prades Mountains; Priorat wine, etc.
Forest Brook born as a result of the confluence of three gorges (the Font Major, the Salt and the Gatellar) at the point called, for this reason, the Tres Aguas, the ecosystem that forms is rich in wildlife and worth a stroll (the old road has now become the road linking the jungle with Vilaplana). The term limit rise Three Pins, beautiful examples of pináceas, and relatively close, as in the term of L'Aleixar, we can contemplate one of the monumental trees in Catalonia, the oak of more than Borbó. The municipality has a network of local trails listed and suitable for those wishing to enjoy the natural environment that gives us the municipality.
The village has suitable for congress tourism public facilities; since it has spaces auditorium of Santa Lucia and the Castle Paborde and cultural tourism, with attractions such as the Castle itself, the Casa de la Villa, the convents of San Agustin and San Rafael bridges, the Bridge Alto, the Ermita de San Pedro del Puig hermitage and Paretdelgada, the escorralons, cover cross, the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle, fountains, walls and towers of the network of local trails.
The origin of the town is lost in time. After the Romans, during the rule of the Arabs, the Selva, who was on the move towards the High Street Albiol-probably a survival of the old way-, must be strengthened as an outpost and crossroads. The toponymy seems to guarantee this hypothesis with the Faubourg de la Rapita, ie 'Barracks', and Sensmudanya Street, where until 1538 the building remained Almudaina.
Near the forest, between Ripoll and Mas Mascabrers, a bloody battle was delivered in the place that even today is known as the Battle coll.
The first documentary reference is in the Montgons donation in 1149, where the Selva (Silva Constantine) appears as a boundary. It is quite possible that at the time of recruitment outside an abandoned village in ruins. According to a document from 1374 should be the same settlers, not the army, which had occupied the post and occasional scare people, which must enforce them exemptions and privileges.
The population letter of 13 May 1164 was granted by the Archbishop Hugo de Cervello, which granted several exemptions and kept the people subject to justice and dominion of the Church of Tarragona. In the Bull of 1174 listed as lordship of the archbishop, although other sources give as lord pavorde, and in 1169, when it was Ramon de Bages. To the solution of the pavordía, Archbishop assumed direct rule until 1823.
Where to sleep
Where to eat
What to do
Target Association Gold Coast Golf and Pitch & Putt is a non-profit…