Visit the Castle of Vila-seca!
Vila-seca Castle is closely linked to the history of the city.
A symbol of the town, the building has been documented since the 12th century, when, during the afforestation of the Camp de Tarragona, King Alfonso I the Chaste, the Archbishop of Tarragona, Bernat Tort, and Guillermo de Tarragona (son of Robert d'Aguiló ), they made a donation to Mr. Ramon de Olzina (1162 and 1168), although it is very likely that its origins predate this donation.
In 1899 the Castle and its lands were acquired by Isidre de Sicart y Torrents, who had the building transformed according to the project of the architect Enric Fatjó i Torras and, from then on, it became known as the Castle of the Count of Sicart. For this reason, the building, as we see it today, is neo-Gothic in style, with stylistic influences from central and northern Europe.
On October 22, 2005, the Vila-seca City Council acquired the Castle and the adjacent garden from the Sicart-Girona family.
Thanks to this acquisition, the Castell returned to public ownership, and the Vila-seca City Council began a process of restoration and recovery of the building and the garden of the Castell.
Building declared a Cultural Asset of National Interest since 1989.
Museum, from June 1 to September 30 (summer hours):
- Open: Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Guided tours: Wednesday 7:00 p.m., Saturday 7:00 p.m., Sunday 11:00 a.m.
- Closed Monday.
Museum, from October 1 to May 31 (winter hours):
- Open: Tuesday to Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday and holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Guided tour for schoolchildren and groups: arranged time (email@example.com)
- Guided tours: Saturdays and Sundays, at 12:00 p.m.
- Closed Monday.
We wait for you!
Nearby routesSee all routes »
- Route through the historic center of…
- Grand Tour de Catalunya - Section 2.… (a 3.9 km)
- Route for adventure parks in Catalonia (a 3.9 km)
- Walk through the Noucentista chalets… (a 3.9 km)
- Sports tourist destinations of Catalonia (a 3.9 km)
Live spring and summer at Baix Camp!10/06/2023 ...