Altitude: 745 m
Lluçà is part of a set of fourteen municipalities, which make up the region of Lluçanès, among Osona, Bages, Berguedà and Ripollès. It is located west-central Lluçanès, with an area of 53.5 km2.
The town of Santa Eulalia de Puig-Oriol is the core of the town, which developed during the eighteenth century following the cattle way, while Lluçà represents the historical nucleus, where the former Augustinian canon is Santa María de Lluçà with Nice little cloister and a museum.
We also found Lluçà Castle on a hill, where it is circular San Vicente del Castillo and remains of this castle chapel. The Chapel of San Vicente is documented in the years 988 and 1006 which is when they were judged sacramental testaments of the lords of the castle. It is a church of the eleventh century, circular, a typology of which there are very few in Catalonia. The church has a small portal to the west, and an apse to the east; your plant is six feet in diameter and a height at the center of five meters. A different courses of stone on the outside indicate that its cover was slightly modified after its erection. The Chapel of San Vicente was restored a few years ago to preserve it.
Merlès the streams of the Lluçanès and Gavarresa are major water resources that cross the municipality. The main plant communities are groves of oak with boxwood, oak and pine forests of red pine. The latter is the quintessential Lluçà forest. The shrub state is quite dense and rich in sub-Mediterranean species.
The first Carlist War began in Prats de Lluçanès, just when the city was occupied by the liberals. On October 5, 1833 was when the Pradenc Josep Galceran i Escrigas launched the first cry in Catalonia in favor of Carlos V. The chair Galceran is the strategic place where it is said that the Carlist general could observe the movement of troops and the enemy in the Valley Merlès.
Located 1 km from the town of Santa Eulalia de Puig-oriol, in a magnificent place for its scenery between forests and fields, we find the church of San Cristobal de Borrassers, Romanesque part is very low as it was later restored.
A few meters north of the town of Prats de Lluçanès, we found a forest trail that leads to the Fuente de las Cuevas. The source is located beneath a shallow cave about 20 feet long and is formed by a metal spring that protruding from a stone masonry structure attached by a margin and mossy, under which found a stack of worked stone; throughout the cave there are other places where water flows. The space surrounding the source is prepared with benches, tables, grills to cook meat and fenced roads with wooden rails.