Path of the natural parks
Starting and ending on the shores of the Mediterranean, the Sendero de los Parques Naturales (210 km), also known as Sendero de los Miradores, makes an arc towards the interior of the territory, always about 40-50 kilometers from Barcelona city, to crossing natural spaces protected from the Garraf, Montserrat, Sant Llorenc de Munt and the Obac, Montseny and Montnegre-Corredor.
It is equivalent to the GR-5 Long Distance Trail, and you can imagine that, due to the number of natural parks and mountainous areas that it crosses, the ups and downs are a constant, but also that the effort is worth it.
Its stages are:
- Sitges * - Olesa de Bonesvalls: Route: 16.75 km Accumulated elevation gain: 1,044 m Estimated time: 4 - 5 h
- Olesa de Bonesvalls - Gelida: Route: 15 km Accumulated difference in altitude: 1,360 m Estimated time: 3 - 4 h
- Gelida - Can Parellada: Route: 13.5 km Accumulated difference in altitude: 794 m Estimated time: 3 - 4 h
- Can Parellada - Montserrat Monastery: Route: 21 km Accumulated difference in altitude: 2,073 m Estimated time: 5-6 h
- Montserrat Monastery - Rellinars: Route: 12 km Accumulated difference in altitude: 710 m Estimated time: 6-7 h
- Rellinars - San Lorenzo Savall: Route: 21.75 km Accumulated elevation gain: 2,148 m Estimated time: 5-6 h
- San Lorenzo Savall - Sant Feliu de Codines: Route: 13.4 km Accumulated difference in altitude: 1,007 m Estimated time: 3 - 4 h
- Sant Feliu de Codines - Aiguafreda: Route: 19.36 km Accumulated difference in altitude: 2,057 m Estimated time: 4 - 5 h
- Aiguafreda - Montseny: Route: 22.22 km Accumulated difference in altitude: 2,395 m Estimated time: 5-6 h
- Montseny - Sant Celoni: Route: 21.31 km Accumulated difference in altitude: 2,197 m Estimated time: 5-6 h
- Sant Celoni - Montnegre: Route: 9.18 km Accumulated difference in altitude: 729 m Estimated time: 2-3 h
- Montnegre - Canet de Mar: Route: 16.40 km Accumulated difference in altitude: 1,651 m Estimated time: 4 - 5 h
NATURA FOR ALL
Having a physical, mental or sensory disability every day is less reason not to enter a natural park in the regions of Barcelona and enjoy it. Adapted itineraries, tactile maps, directional bars, joëlettes chairs or dossiers and braille cards are some of the support elements that you will be able to find. Today there are 6 fully accessible routes or routes of the Barcelona Provincial Council's Natural Parks Network: La Pleta botanical route (Barcelona), SL-C 63, the source of La Portella (Sant Llorenç del Munt and the Obac), the Fraile fountain (Montseny), Masía Mariona itinerary (Montseny), Sau Nature School itinerary (Guilleries-Savassona) and Fondal path (Sierra de Collserola).
SAN LORENZO DEL MONTÓN AND THE OBAC
The Sant Llorenç de Munt massif and the Obac mountain range make up a Natural Park of 13,694 hectares, between the regions of Vallès Occidental, Bages and Moianès.
Cliffs and monoliths of reddish conglomerate give uniqueness to this protected area, which has its highest peaks at Montcau (1,056.7 m) and La Mola (1,101.9 m). Above the second, the Romanesque monastery of Sant Llorenç del Munt has stood since the 11th century, declared a Cultural Asset of National Interest. Thirteen marked itineraries will allow you to access the most emblematic and charming places of the Park.
Source: Barcelona Provincial Council
What to do
Where to eat
Where to sleep