Prats de Lluçanès
Altitude: 707 m
Prats de Lluçanès is a small town of about 2,700 inhabitants located in the northeast of the Central Catalan Depression in the Lluçanès region of Osona . Capital of the hitherto subregion of the Lluçanès, occupies a territory of 13:29 km2.
The first written document referred to in Prats de Lluçanès dates from 905 and is the act of consecration of Santa Maria de Lluçà.
Since the early eleventh century and well into the fifteenth century, the population of Prats not concentrating constituting any urban center, but important sets of cottages, depending mostly of mayors of Torroella and n'Hug Soler. The First Church of San Vincente, the pattern Pradenc, is not documented with category parish until 1063, and is around where the birth of the population of Prats took place.
The Lluçanès subveguería 1611 which lasted until 1716 and the Council of Sworn constitutes Lluçanès was established. In 1681 Charles II granted in Prats de Lluçanès the title of Leal Villa. On February 5, 1714, in the last stage of the War of Succession, the town was burned by the troops of Bourbon Felipe V, commanded by Carrillo de Albornoz, count of Montemar, date and facts still remember every year touching bells for the Day of St. Agatha.
After the Carlist Wars, which began in Prats de Lluçanès with the revolt of Galceran, the town experienced a period of strong cultural progress and continued overall improvement begun years earlier. In 1879 the Catholic Center was built, it was followed with the building of the Shrine of Lourdes in 1881. This year, 1881, the steeple of the church was completed and the current cemetery was built. Two decades later, in 1905, the population reached Josephine Sisters to take charge of the Hospital and urbanization ride began. In 1907 a new convent for the Dominican opened.
Prats de Lluçanès has become the undisputed capital of Lluçanesa region, which is the most important and dynamic population. The villa, which in the course of its history has suffered extensive damage due to plagues and wars, was rebuilt, almost entirely, in the early eighteenth century. From before this time some houses with porches lintels shaped arch Cal Bernat are preserved. But most older homes were built between 1720 and 1770. In the oldest streets of the city you can see the recorded lintels of the houses as well as some stone windows and interesting balconies.
As neighborhoods most traditional, we highlight the oldest street in the Bonasort, before Llims, with the chapel that gives it its name, around which the first nucleus of the population was configured, the Old Town Square, the scene of many traditions and customs of the city; Area of Three Fountains and Torrent popularly known as the laundry, the Plaza Nueva and the square of the church. Among the most trendy places, neighborhoods excel Plaza Catalunya, the Bassa dels Toros, Plaza the Catalan Countries and especially the Paseo del Lluçanès.
The villa retains much of the summer towers built in the first half of the century. On the street, in the Plaza Nueva and street Bonasort are remarkable stone buildings. Of all the most remarkable houses of Prats, Cal Camps excels especially by the fact that the most illustrious personages of an era is staying.
Pra ts preserved buildings of the modernist period and novecentista. Among the most interesting we can highlight the municipal slaughterhouse, which retains a magnificent stained glass and old factory Cal Casals, the current headquarters of the Post Office, and the municipal cemetery that preserves modernist elements, other. Another of the most interesting buildings in the city, now defunct, was the gazebo Cal Duran.
The area occupied by the municipality of Prats was structured in the post-repopulation of Catalonia, about a territorial units or hamlets, when the names have survived until today. Notable villages of the Marcal and El Clot del Vilar, that of Plangiverc, El Moli del Cingle, El Soler de n'Hug of 1176, the farm and mill Galobardes, La Farinera, Source Hot, dry or La Sierra Pedragosa of 1392. In the Raval, there Las Vinas, La Roca del Feliu, Cal Guerxo, Puigvistós and Cal Magi. They also highlight La Villa de Llanars of 1167, The Hut, The Cal Coll-slip pocket. In part north of the village, large farmhouses of Cal Lady and the Grau of 1174. In the southern part of town there Sorribes of 1434, the Casanova of Riambau and the great manor de Santa Lucia.
Moreover, the township has a lot of sources. Leaving the village, behind the street from the Rock In Bras find the Fountain of Ti and fountain Xambó, an ideal place to relax. A few minutes away are also abundant Fuente de la Villa, very good water. On the road from Navàs is the Source of Coromina. On the same road, across the Rec Soler, a hundred feet below the bridge, there is a waterfall that forms a puddle. Inside the cave that makes rock falls a trickle of pure and crystalline water that forms a puddle; It is a picturesque and peaceful surroundings, within which is the Source of Clotet. Down the road, we found the Rec of Alforges, from whence come the Fountain of Cugulada, that of the panniers and the Huerta de la Coma del Forn. On the road to Sant Feliu Sasserra is the Frefa Source and Heat Source, below that of the Farinera. From watering in spring Prats Three Sources. On the side of the Sanctuary of Lourdes find the Fountain of the residence and the Bernadette. Towards the sports area is the Source Guillera and the Marcal. Half a mile from the village springs known Fuente de las Cuevas, very picturesque place by the amount of caves that form the rock.
Turisme Office of Prats de Lluçanès