La Pobla de Cérvoles
Shire: Les Garrigues
Altitude: 663 m
South of the region of Les Garrigues, bordering the neighboring districts of Conca de Barberá and Priorat, is located the small town of Pobla de Cérvoles. Like many towns in the area, La Pobla de Cérvoles is located at the foot of a plateau. On top of this mountain stands the castle was Cérvoles jurisdiction of Poblet.
This area, formerly known as the term of Sòrboles and has finally resulted in Cérvoles, began to be inhabited by Ramon de Vallbona and a group of hermits, which had the function to raise an abbey.
Within a few years, after 1157, this territory became the property of the monastery of Poblet, which in the year 1314 the town charter granted by such houses that were built next to the church of Santa Maria de Vallbona.
The church of Santa Maria Original and not preserved. But over the remains and during the eighteenth century built the new temple known as the parish church of the Mother of God of Jonquera was renamed in honor of the patron saint of the municipality (Mother of God of Jonquera). In it are preserved cloths which represent the meeting of the Mother of God and a baroque organ.
The hermitage of San Miguel dated 1610 and was built Juncares next to where it says that the pastor found the image of the Mother of God. During this time hosted but eventually was transferred to the parish church. From this time the temple cult gave San Miguel.
The building was the old mill where the Company and is currently the Hall also houses the Oil Ecomuseu. And in front of the building we found a sculpture dedicated to Josep Espassa Anguera, native son of this village and founder of the encyclopedia Espassa.
As regards its natural environment, the Pobla de Cérvoles is surrounded by the Sierra de la Llena, offering multiple walks, and only 3 km away Botanic Park known as the Arboretum de les Garrigues Dr. Barbera.
Where to sleep
Where to eat
What to do