Altitude: 680 m
Calaf Township is located in the region of Anoia. It is a town steeped in history, as documented in the eleventh century, although they have found remains of a Roman villa before.
To make a visit may be a good idea Calaf from Plaça Gran, a square surrounded by stately homes, as the House Servitje, the Mensa House, Cal Nadal, Can Torrescassana, Can enroll you or Cortadella House and where formerly celebrated Calaf Market. Just ahead we find the parish church of Sant Jaume, in Renaissance style with Gothic motifs, built in 1603 on the old chapel of Sant Miquel (1356).
In the highest part of the town we found the Castle Calaf, the eleventh century, and that today we can only see his remains. At his feet is the Hospital, dated the sixteenth century, which gave shelter to pilgrims and travelers, later became the seat of the Carmelite monks, and today is the civic center of Calaf.
If we continue the tour of the old town will see the portals Xuriguera Hospital and remains of the old wall of Calaf, the sixteenth century. The convent of San Francisco is in front of the railway station, it is a baroque building built between 1715 and 1729.
At the house there afuertas the Hermitage of San Sebastian, in the late seventeenth century, and situated on top of the same name, the chapel was erected in gratitude of the holy people to deliver them from the black plague.
As far as concerns traditions s, Calaf is one of the more renowned in Catalonia. Since 1226 every Saturday takes place the famous Market Calaf, formerly this took place on Plaça Gran, and now has moved to the Plaça dels Arbres and St. James Raval. At Christmas, for more than a century, in Calaf Pastorets els are held, one of them most traditional of Catalonia.
As historical event related to the town included the Battle of Calaf, the February 28, 1465, a battle of the Catalan Civil War or War of Succession, which ended with the real victory.