Cornellà de Llobregat
Shire: Baix Llobregat
Altitude: 27 m
Cornellà de Llobregat is a municipality in the district of Baix Llobregat, situated on the left bank of the Llobregat river.
Cornellà de Llobregat is influenced by three factors that define it: the proximity of the town in Barcelona, ??the fact of being a territory of step and out of the Catalan capital and the presence of the Llobregat river.
Etymologically, Cornellà de Llobregat comes from the Roman word Cornelianum, the remaining vestiges from the parish church of Santa Maria and the castle.
Furthermore, in Cornellà de Llobregat found other remarkable historical heritage elements such as:
- The X century Romanesque columns that currently are located at the entrance of the town hall and a church belonging to the fifth century
- Cornellà Castle which was built as a defense tower, but eventually ceased to be used as such and happened to have agricultural uses, until in 2000 it was renovated and transformed into the file and other municipal services.
- Several farmhouses that were developed as a driver of population and agricultural land Delta Plain. Among them are Can Manso, Can Serra, Can Valhonrat, Can Trabal, Can Maragall, Can Tirel, Can Rissuenyo and the rectory of St. Mary .
- Can Mercader Palace, which is located in the park of the same name. represents the romance and its restoration has become the city museum, and the space to celebrate civil marriages.
- The Tower of Miranda, neo-Moorish style and hexagonal, was built as a viewpoint and to study birds.
- Modernist buildings like those found on the street or the Rambla Ametller Anselm Clave or Masip Can building or noucentistes such as street Verge de Montserrat or the Plaça dels Enamorats.
- Factories are also important in the population, industrial element. Emphasize the Fontanals i Suris, the Cologne Bagaria and Rosés.