Sant Pere de Ribes
Altitude: 44 m
His name gives us all the clues necessary to know the morphology of the territory. The Riba comes from the Latin word "ripa" meaning "riba" or "margin". The fact that the stream of Ribes elapse this area has led to the existence of so-called "Timbes" (cliffs), among the best known highlights of "Can Quadres of Timba". And that Sant Pere de Ribes has great natural environment. In fact four square kilometers of the municipality are part of the Garraf Natural Park.
The first inhabitants settled in the territory around the year 990, about Castillo de Ribes or also known as the Bell-Lloc Castle. The castle received its name from its situation on the Timbes. And also, for this reason the population is called jack-ribes. Currently form the medieval set.
By making reference to the full name of Sant Pere de Ribes was not used until the year 1333, when we find the first references to the church that bore this name.
Despite its internal situation, this town also plays the coast. During the eighteenth and nineteenth century, as in Sitges and Vilanova , in this locality were held Indian style buildings. These edificions were built by those who migrated to Cuba with the aim of making a fortune, known as "Indians", and later returned home.