Enjoy the best contemporary art at MACBA, the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art, a benchmark in all of Europe.
Located in the Raval neighborhood, at MACBA you can explore art with a different vision, which will not leave you indifferent. Located in a cultural plaza that includes a Gothic chapel and the iconic Richard Meier museum building , the permanent collections (with thousands of works) and temporary collections of reference and new artists.
A space for art and culture
The MACBA wants to provoke enjoyment and interest in contemporary art and culture from a will and a transformative impact on people and society.
- A space for discovery and collective knowledge in the city center (very close to Plaza Cataluña)
- A collection with iconic works that bear witness to the key moments in the history of art, culture and society of the last century.
- A program of exhibitions and activities where common experiences and learning are shared through the transgressive and courageous looks that art offers us.
- An inspiring place to learn, experience and enjoy contemporary art that never leaves you indifferent
- Download the application from the web and don't miss a thing with the free audio guides
- Don't miss the views from the terrace in Plaza de los Ángeles, a must for international skaters
- Monday to Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Non-holiday Tuesday: Closed
- Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Sundays and holidays: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. *
- Closing days: January 1 and December 25. On December 24 and 31 the museum closes at 6:00 p.m.