Shire: Alt Camp
Altitude: 231 m
Renau Township is located in the southern part of the region of Alt Camp, southeast of Valls, the capital. Bordered on the east by Vilabella, Puigpelat on the north, on the west by Vallmon, and on the south by Renau. The torrent of Bogatell happens within the municipality.
Within its boundaries are added Bellavista cores Renau the Northeast, where we find the Chapel of the Holy Cross and Casafort also Northeast, virtually uninhabited today and where it is kept a weather since 1914.
The origin of Renau is uncertain, but seems to be going back to the repopulation of the area after the Reconquista (XII and XIII)
As regards its economy is based largely on the vine, and its grape supplies the Agricultural Cooperative of Sant Isidre pair production of wines and champagnes. The cooperative is a modernist building built noucentista 1915, with brick and stone, by architect Cesar Martinell, following the careful instructions and a winemaker, so that the light and temperature are favorable in the winemaking process. The cooperative organizes the May 15 party San Isidro Labrador.
The parish church of St. John the Baptist, Baroque Neoclassical, was built during the years 1510 and 1520, and subsequently rebuilt in the eighteenth century.
You can see some remains of the ancient castle of the town of Renau.
Within the Alt Camp, northwest of Renau, is the monastery of Santes Creus, one of the three monasteries of the Cistercian Route along with the Poblet and Vallbona of them monks.