Shire: La Noguera
Altitude: 455 m
The municipality of Foradada has an extension of 28.55 km 2. The term includes the towns of Foradada, the most important of the municipality, Marcovau, Montsonís and Rubió, which includes the nuclei of Rubió de Baix, Dalt and Mig. There is also the village of Valldeixils, the castle of Malagastre and the Sanctuary of Salgar. A part of the term is irrigated by the Acequia Grande of the Urgell canal.
Cross the municipality the C-26 road between Balaguer and Artesa de Segre, from which several branches that lead to the villages of the term.
The parochial church of Sant Josep rises , in 1783, with neoclassical ornaments and of three naves. Until the end of the 19th century, the old church, which was located before the new church, was demolished in the square where the castle had been. Instead, schools were built with homes for teachers.
This old church was dedicated to Saint Peter and an image of the patron is preserved on the front of the new church.
The economic base of the term is the agrarian activities, although it is necessary to mention the increase suffered in the employment of the sector of the services in the decade of 1990.
The most noteworthy places of interest are: the Mirador de Sant Urbà and Penya foradada, the old Quatre prison, the Tunnel of the Urgell canal, the Church of Sant Salvador and the Church of Sant Urbà.