Shire: Pla de l'Estany
Altitude: 142 m
Esponellà the population of Esponellà extends to the right side of the Fluvià, on the side of a hill that dominates the river where the old castle was, which was the center of an important barony created at the end of the 14th century.
Centenys is located in the southern part of the term, near the Centenys stream, at an altitude of 255 m. The place is mentioned in 922. The parish is dedicated to Sant Iscle. It is a Romanesque building, with a single nave and semicircular apse, sobrealçat, datable in the 11th and 12th centuries. Notable are a series of farmhouses that belong to this parish. In 1698 it was a real place.
Vilert located north of the municipality, to the right of the Fluvià. His parish, dedicated to Saint Mary, depends on the Trinity and Saint Stephen, located within its parish term. It is a Romanesque church, of which almost only the apse is conserved, because it was modified during the 15th century. The place, which was part of the county of Besalú, was the jurisdiction of the monastery of Sant Esteve de Banyoles. In 1698 it was a real place.
Neighborhood: Les Anglades, Batllori, Borrell, Brunsó, Les Caselles, Martís.
The village of Martís is in the south-west of the municipality head. To the N of Martís, on the Fluvià, upstream of Esponellà, is the lock of Martís. There is the remarkable building of Can Bufi de la Torre, cited 1320. Near it is the cave of Encantadas de Martís, with remains of eneolithic and the first ages of metals. Batllori is a house located near the Fluvià. The Casillas neighborhood is on the left side of the Fluvià and that of the Anglades is near the town of Vilert, on the right bank of the river. Other neighbors are the Batllori, located between Vilert and Esponellà. And the neighbors of Borrell and Brunsó located in the vicinity Centenys.