Shire: Baix Camp
Altitude: 299 m
Riudecols is a municipality that has an area of 19.38 km² and belongs to the Baix Camp region.
R iudecols is currently formed by Les Voltes, les Irles and Riudecols. This union occurred in the nineteenth century, when Riudecols and Les Voltes were part of the same lordship and the proper term of the Irles.
The term is located in mountainous terrain at the foot of Puigcerver (831 m), Puigmarí (660 m), near the boundary of the Campo with the Priorat and the mount of Vilavella (527 m), occupying the high valleys of the streams of the laps and the Irles. The altitude of the term oscillates between 200 and 800 m. It is, therefore, perfect for hiking and mountain biking.
When we go to the city we can not stop visiting some places and monuments of cultural and tourist interest such as: The Torre dels Moros, Antiga Torre de Guaita located in the southern part of the city.
- Hermitage of Sant Bartomeu, building in ruins since 1835 as a result of the first Carlist War.
- Parish Church of San Pedro, building with the unfinished bell tower dated 1872.
- Els Canalots, fountain built in 1935 with six injectors, located at the western end of the village.
- Hermitage of Puigcerver, located on the eastern slope of Mt.
- Parish church of les Voltes, building dating from the seventeenth century.
- Els Ponts de Mas d'en Vall, succession of arcades made with stone and mortar that form an aqueduct.
- Parish Church of les Irles, worships San Antonio de Padua.
Where to sleep
Where to eat
What to do
Camping la Corona (Cambrils) (a 15 Km)
Experiencies Rurals .com (Nulles) (a 16.7 Km)