Guided visit to the Castle of San Esteban
The visits are made at 11 in the morning and you can observe and know many wonders and secrets.
The conquest of this territory by the counts of Cerdanya was consolidated at the beginning of the 11th century, with the construction of the castle. It sits on an elongated rocky spur, which dominates the junction between the Llobregós road and what goes down from the Cardona area.
The set is completely surrounded by walls, which adapt to both the elongated profile of the saw and the stepping. In the highest part there is a circular tower. In the middle section, there are walls that compartmentalize the environment of the access door to the enclosure. Finally, at the lower end is where a series of patios and rooms covered with a vault are best preserved. Among these rooms, there is a dungeon with sketched drawings of castles, knights and assault machines.
The fortress of Castellfollit de Riubregós, around the year 1000, was part of the possessions of the county of Cerdanya, whose reversion by inheritance the county of Barcelona. Initially it had the Cervera family as Castilians, but towards the second half of the 13th century it passed into the hands of the Cardona, who already had most of the surrounding strongholds under their control.
The castle has witnessed several historical episodes, among which stands out the confrontation in 1822 between the absolutists of Castellfollit and the liberals commanded by General Espoz y Mina, who attacked and destroyed the castle.
Where to sleep
Where to eat
What to do
It is an association formed by residents of Argençola (Anoia), which includes…