Terracotta Museu La Bisbal d'Empordà
The aim of the Terracotta Museum of Ceramics is to conserve and disseminate the scientific, technical and industrial heritage of Bisbanese ceramics, to make known the particular industrialization process that occurred within the specific scope of action, to promote knowledge of current science and technology and to structure it scientific museology and technique concerning the aspect of industrialization that is counted.
The fact that the headquarters of the museum is located in an industrial building makes it possible to demonstrate and integrate in the museographic discourse a whole series of architectural elements characteristic of production: rafts for straining the earth, chimneys, clay and slipped deposits, ovens, etc.. Undoubtedly, the preservation and enhancement of these elements makes Terracotta one of the most unique cultural facilities in our region.
The museum has a background of more than ten thousand pieces among ceramic objects, tools and utensils related to its manufacture, most of which have been given by the Bisbal manufacturers. Also belongs to its fund an important collection of cedars ceded by the Generalitat formed by more than three thousand vessels of all the Iberian Peninsula and the Balearic and Canary Islands.
The Museum represents for the ceramic industry of La Bisbal d'Empordà and the regions of Girona the museum represents a sectorial emblem of the first order that enhances its values of tradition (many of the current companies are more than centenarian) without a doubt the museum is, in these moments, the cultural bet of more projection of the Bisbal and one of the most important ceramic museums of the country.
Terracotta Museum offers a wide range of activities around the ceramic world and offers groups the possibility to visit the permanent exhibition accompanied by a museum guide. On its website you can consult all the information related to the guided tours, temporary exhibitions and the activities agenda.
Months from September to June
- From Tuesday to Friday: from 10am to 1pm and from 4pm to 7pm.
- Saturday: from 10am to 2pm and from 5pm to 8pm
- Sundays and holidays (except holidays), January 5, May 1, December 24 and 31: from 10am to 2pm
- On Mondays, January 1 and 6, December 25 and 26: tank
months of July and August
- From Monday to Saturday: from 10am to 2pm and from 5pm to 8.30pm
- Sunday and holidays: from 10am to 2pm.
Individual ticket: € 5
Reduced ticket : € 2.50
- Students from 12 years old holders of the young card
- Large families and single-parent families with current card issued by the Generalitat of Catalonia
Combined ticket: € 6 (Terracotta Museum + Palau Castle)
- Residents in La Bisbal
- Under 12 years except guided tours
- People with disabilities
- Teachers with the accreditation card
- Members Association of Ceramistas de la Bisbal, Association of Ceramics of Catalonia, Association of Museologists of Catalonia, Association of MNACTEC and ICOM
- Unemployed who present the DARDE sheet, and family that depends economically
- Accredited tourist guides