Cellers de Can Suriol Font-rubí
Bodegas de Can Suriol del Castillo de Grabuac is a family winery located near Barcelona, founded in 1985 to continue the centuries-old heritage working as farmers at the Castillo de Grabuac, located in the geographical center of Alt Penedès, surrounded by nature and tranquility and magnificent views.
We have the winery, where you can make visits and tastings, as well as rural accommodation (Grabuac Castle) and a Restaurant (La Taba), as well as spaces for celebrations and a small private chapel. We have always been firmly committed to sustainability, which is why we use renewable energy from the winery and natural cork and local glass in our bottles.
Suriol wines and cavas are vintage, traditional and farm wines, with limited productions, made by the Suriol family in order to transmit our love and commitment to the ecological production of Mediterranean wines. We control all the steps of the wine, from the vine to the bottle, which allows us to offer the most authentic and unique wines.
5 main pillars in our production methods
- We always work in an ecological way , using biodynamic preparations and following Mediterranean traditions on how to make and care for wine.
- Exclusive use of organic grapes with indigenous varieties from our farm (30Ha).
- Use of yeasts and natural microorganisms for the fermentation of our wines.
- Winemaking using stainless steel tanks, but also using and maintaining traditional methods, including underground tanks and chestnut barrels.
- Commitment not to use any chemical product in winemaking, with the exception of SO2 (sulfites) in doses below 40 mg / liter during bottling to ensure that the product will remain in perfect condition when shipped anywhere in the world.
We offer different visiting options:
- Visit the winery: enjoy the most traditional visit in a family winery in the heart of the Penedès.
- Tasting workshop: come to taste and understand the world of wine.
- Vineyard workshop: learn the secrets of the organic vineyard and those of the farmers of Penedès.
- Cava workshop: learn the secrets of cava and make your own bottle with our help!
- Daily tastings with Penedès ECO Tours: small daily guided tastings in English through the friends of Penedès EcoTour
- Suriol Bike Experience: Self- guided circular Bike Tour around the Grabuac Castle, with departure and arrival at the Can Suriol Winery.
- Pagès Breakfast: enjoy a country breakfast surrounded by organic vineyards.
- Calçotada: In the middle of the vineyard in the garden you can enjoy a calçotada, paired with Can Suriol wines.
- Tailor-made: tell us what you would like to do, from having a glass of cava between vineyards or a tasting to a calçotada or a wedding.